¿Qué te parece la descripción de nuestro IES que hemos enviado a los compañeros de Erasmus de Portugal y Polonia? Creemos que les va a encantar.
Santo Domingo Secondary School is in El Ejido. Agriculture is the main economic source of El Ejido. Pedro Duque, a Spanish astronaut, said in 2014 that greenhouses area in Almería was the most amazing thing he had seen in his space travels.
Santo Domingo Secondary School is the oldest high school in the city. It is a state school which was inaugurated in 1966. In fact, we celebrated the 50th anniversary last year. It is attended by around 927 students of many different nationalities. It is an example of integration since students from very different cultures coexist in it.
It offers a wide educational range:
• Compulsory Secondary Education at the age of 12-16 years old.
• Post Compulsory Secondary Education of Science and Technology.
• Post Compulsory Secondary Education of Social Sciences.
• Post Compulsory Secondary Education of Humanities.
• Post Compulsory Secondary Education of Arts.
• Medium Level Training Cycle in Auxiliary Nursing Care.
• Medium Level Training Cycle in Health Emergencies.
Students are trained to get their first job or to continue their studies at the University.
If you have the opportunity of visiting this part of Spain you can enjoy the gastronomy, in fact, Almería has been chosen as the Spanish capital of gastronomy 2019. And what is more, you can visit MiniHollywood in Tabernas, where the best western movies have been recorded.